Saturday, February 20, 2010

Onions + Ears

I suppose I should give you a bit of background on my pediatrician, Dr. Razi. I'd heard of her through numerous people that she was amazing and I would love her. Her phlisophy is nutrition = healthy kids. She's an actual MD, too. I love her. Seriously. I wish she could be MY doctor. We drive 40 minutes (non rush hour) one way to see her and pay out of pocket. She's worth it.

Well, a few weeks ago my three-year-old wakes up with a high fever and tells me her ear hurts. Off we go to the doctor. 3 hours later? I come home with a piece of paper and directions on how to stick an onion on an ear. For the first time, I thought to myself, "What the hell have I done?" Seriously? AN ONION? Seriously, Moose. It works. The miserable three-year-old told me herself.

DIRECTIONS:

Take a slice of yellow onion and heat in pan until wet. Wrap the slice in a paper towel and hold to ear (preferrably while wearing a hat). Do this as often as tolerated.

1 comment: