Friday, February 19, 2010

Flu Soup

I know a few of you were asking me about this recipe so I thought I would type it out and pass on in one fell swoop. Dr. Razi gave me the recipe (and also some of the actual broth) and I felt better almost immediately. She told me that she used it herself when she felt herself coming down with the flu. So if you have the flu or you feel yourself coming down with it, make a huge batch and drink all day.

I doubled this recipe and used it all up in less than 24 hours (but this is pretty much all I consumed when I had H1N1 in October).

All ingredients must be FRESH (doesn’t work with dried)

3T chopped ginger

3T chopped garlic

3T green onions

3T parsley

10 SHITAKE mushrooms (I just threw them in there whole)

Juice from lemon to taste

4-6c water

Bring to boil and then let simmer aprox. 90 minutes. Strain. Discard everything except liquid. Keeps in fridge (best kept in mason jar). I prefer it cold but Pat liked it better hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment