Sunday, February 14, 2010

Green Smoothie

I used to be all cocky and think how cool I was that my kid sucked three of these things down a day. Yeah, well, now I'm lucky to get 12oz into her a day but it does taste good (a few of my friends tell me my tastebuds are broken)....OK, well, my husband drinks it and says it is good. I don't think he's just being nice to me.

I use a vitamix to blend the following and would recommend doing in the following order:

2 cups plain soymilk
1 cup juice (OJ, pomegranate, cranberry, Vit C)
3 heaping handfuls greens (I started with spinach but have worked up to kale, beet, collard, parsley, etc. just make sure you avoid mustard greens as that will make it peppery)

BLEND

1 handful (raw) walnuts (the taste does not change if you leave this out)
1-2 spoonfuls of yogurt (for some reason leaving this out makes it pretty gross)
1 spoon raw honey
1 very ripe banana

BLEND

1 bag frozen fruit (blueberries, peaches or mango)

BLEND until smooth

It is best if you drink it immediately but it will last for two days in the fridge in a mason jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment