Sunday, February 14, 2010

Houston, We have a problem

You know how Oprah talks about having a-ha moments? Well, actually, I don't really watch Oprah, but I hear she says this. Anyway, lemme tell you about mine... I'm big into feeding my kids healthy foods and getting good nutrients into them. The moment I knew I had gone overboard is when my then not-quite-two-year-old daughter was on a playdate at a friend's house. The Mom had put out a bowl of goldfish (something my daughter had never had before). Normally, I would tell my daughter she couldn't have any but this particular playdate I was trying hard not to seem wierd (we didn't know these people very well). The other two little girls would take a few goldfish and run off and play. My daughter? She stood at the table, hovering above the bowl, double-fisting those goldfish into her mouth as fast as possible. Yeah, Houston, I think we have a problem. Talk about an a-ha moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment