Saturday, May 29, 2010

Food Ideas

It's amazing how much more time I spend blogging now that I am back in school. Procrastination hasn't changed much since college. Though, somehow, considering the business I plan on opening, I feel like blogging it still somehow productive. Maybe that is just the story I am telling myself. Anyhoo, that last post about food inspired me to write another. I know I am always on the look out for new foods to give the kids. Let's face it, food is pretty much my life. I'm cooking 3 meals a day pretty much 5 days a week. I get bored. I need new ideas. So here is another list of things I currently serve my kids. I am sure some of you will think you need to call social services on me. No to worry, my kids are allowed to eat what I consider "junk" food at parties and at school (kills me it is actually served there as a snack -- but that is another post). I feel like I need to defend myself and let you know that I'm not force feeding my kids anything. There are tons of things I make that are refused and nobody is sitting in a time-out until they eat. Though, I will say, they've never had fast food and probably don't know what McDonalds is, or an Oreo. I am sure that will change shortly as the older one hits elementary soon. In the meantime, this is what my kids eat and I'm damn proud of it. As I think of more things, I will try and remember to come back and add to the list.



bok choy

kale

parsley

ginger

chard

brown rice

coconut water

rice milk

hemp milk

tahini

strawberries

cherries

raisins

beets

goat cheese

black sesame crackers

red meat

black beans

kidney beans

garbanzo beans

olives

heart of palm

onion

molasses

gomasio

kelp

nutritional yeast

dulse flakes

walnuts

almond butter

tomato

cantaloupe

soba noodles

sesame sticks

tangerines

pears

apples

parsnip

fennel

kombucha

Oat bran

chia seeds

hemp seeds

bee pollen

cod liver oil

pomegranite

Quinoa

pistachios

cashews

fermented pickles

raw kefir

Millet

Kamut

No comments:

Post a Comment