Thursday, May 20, 2010

Burritos

My eldest is all about burritos these days so I took a risk and made up a recipe with a few green ingredients that don't usually make it past her watchful eye. I did get the, "Mom, what is in here?" quiz before she took a bite, but I tend to focus on the things she DOES like and leave out the things she doesn't (and then quickly change the subject). I have to say I impressed myself since this was totally on the fly and required no cooking whatsoever.

Black beans, rinsed and drained (1 can)
Fresh corn (cut off the cob from 3 ears)
Goat cheese (sparingly)
1 avocado cubed
Fresh tomato, diced (I used cherry toms as that was all I had on hand, halved and cut into slices)
Fresh cilantro
Scallion
Shrimp (I used frozen but it would have been so much better had I sautéed some fresh. Vegs could certainly leave this out and it would be super tasty. I would just double or triple the items above.)

Wrap all up in an organic, whole wheat burrito.

No comments:

Post a Comment