Saturday, May 29, 2010

Baby Food and First Foods

I had the following list of foods on my fridge for the past few months. I need to throw it out. Or, maybe, I should put it in A's baby book? Regardless, I don't need it on the fridge anymore but I thought I would share it with you guys. It is a list of foods that my youngest was introduced to her first 12 months. I think everything on the list are things she ate on a fairly regular basis. Reading it over now, it is interesting to see what foods have fallen off the list (some because I've gotten lazier with my cooking and introduction of new foods and some because she is finally starting to get a bit pickier). Anyway, remember when introducing new foods, it takes NUMEROUS introductions. Remember the first time you tried beer, or wine? It's an acquired taste. Most of us probably worked pretty darn hard to learn to enjoy a cocktail...we should work equally as hard to get our kids to enjoy healthy, non-processed foods, too. Just because they throw it on the floor the first 8 times you offer it to them does not mean you should give up.

avocado
chicken
eggs
tofu
mushrooms
turkey
quinoa
oatmeal
broccoli
kiwi
garlic
scallion
flax
squash
sweet potato
rasberry
mango
banana
spinach
carrots
watermelon
eggplant
salmon
cod
tilapia
papaya
blueberries
carrots
seed bread (Whole Foods)
sunbutter
hummus
pumpkin
sheep yogurt
apricots
zucchini
cucumber

No comments:

Post a Comment