Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mung Beans

I love my local health foods store. Lately, it has really amped up its raw foods section so I've been trying quite a few new "raw" items. On the recommendation of someone that works there, I bought a package of sprouted mung beans. Last night I soaked the mung beans and made a huge pot of brown rice. Tonight, after playgroup, I had less than ten minutes to come up with a way to make these two things enticing enough for the family to eat them. I think I did a pretty good job (this time) considering all four members of my family ate their entire meal.

1 package sprouted mung beans (I soaked, but you could cook according to package)
Cooked brown rice (I am guessing I used 3 cups)
1/2 cup sesame oil (I used half plain sesame and the other toasted)
aprox. 1/3 cup tamari
aprox 2-3 T honey
gomasio to taste

All I did was throw everything in a pot on the stovetop and heat just until it was easy to stir and warm. It was SO easy. I served with watermelon and steamed broccoli on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment