Tuesday, July 6, 2010

An evening rant

I love the advantage I'm giving my kids. I know they are healthier than most other kids their age. That's really all I care about. I'm not talkin' about colds. They certainly have their fair share of those. I'm talking about heart disease. Diabetes. ADD. CANCER.

My Mom tells me she gave up on trying to avoid cancer in the 1970's when she heard that babies were getting cancer from breastmilk. Well, those babies were getting the toxins their parents were ingesting. To some extent, it all feels avoidable to me. Our immune systems live in our digestive tract. With proper nutrition, a healthy digestive tract is achieved and maintained and our immune system is able to do its job and fight off the cancer that is inevitably put into our body. Of course, I'm not saying it's easy (or bullet proof). I work hard. I have to think for myself (lord knows our government isn't on board with this way of thinking yet...and most doctors are just managing pharmaceuticals...they don't know a damn thing about nutrition) and I have to argue with people (including the hubs) over why "just a little bit" of this crap or that crap isn't going to hurt them. Really? Do you KNOW that for sure? Because I'm not willing to put my kids' health on the line to test your theory and I'm sure as hell not willing to jeapordize their health and well being because it is more convenient to run through the drive through at McDonald's than it is to take 5 minutes and slap some almond butter and honey on a couple slices of bread ahead of time. I'm know I'm ranting a bit here. I'm frustrated. I'm tired of being the minority. Anyway, read this book. Maybe you'll come on over to my side. I could use a little company over here.

http://www.amazon.com/Disease-Proof-Your-Child-Feeding-Right/product-reviews/0312338082/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

No comments:

Post a Comment