Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chicken Burgers

I had every intention of getting on here tonight and ranting about something that bothered me to my core the past day or two. However, after sitting down to a wonderful meal with my entire family, I don't feel like expending the negative energy. So, for now, I'll choose to make this post all about my favorite topic. Yummy recipes that my kids love. I have to say I almost chickened out (no pun intended) and didn't serve this to my kids. I'm glad I didn't because they gobbled it up and asked that I include this in my usual dinner recipe rotation. Don't let the bitterness of the arugula fool you, this burger is AMAZING. The recipe is adapted from one of my favorite cookbooks that focuses on nourishing the cancer patient. All of the recipes are made with whole foods designed to nourish the body.

2 lbs ground DARK MEAT, organic chicken
1 cup+ tightly packed arugula leaves
1 cup+ diced apple, skins removed
1 shallot
1/2t cumin
1/2t sea salt
1/2t ground pepper
Juice from one lemon
Coconut oil to coat the pan

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except oil. I chose to use the food processor to blend the argula, apple and shallot well enough that my kids were not going to be picking out chunks of stuff. Season and shape into patties. Saute in coconut oil until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment