Monday, April 19, 2010

Kale Chips

Kale Chips. That's right. I said it. KALE.

My eldest, ripe old age of 3.5 is a kale hater. Actually, she is a green-leafy- vegetable-hater. Really. Normally, I have to sneak it into things to get her to ingest some. So when I read about school lunch programs starting to have success with elementary age kids with kale chips, I figured I had to check it out for myself. Low and behold, both my kids LOVED them. Really. They couldn't gobble them up fast enough. Even better? The three-year-old can practically make them herself. If I was a bit more saavy with this whole technology thing, I'd even post a photo of her eating them.

Check it out:

1 bunch fresh kale (washed with stems removed)
olive oil
salt

Rub small amount of olive oil onto both sides of kale leaf. Salt to taste. Place on baking sheet and bake for 4-5 minutes on each side at 425. Be careful to watch to ensure they don't start to burn. Remove and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment